Previous PreviousNext NextAsk a Question Ask a Question

Sikhnet Youth Forum Sikh Youth - Question and Answer Forum

Summary of Question:Show Me The Way!
Date Posted:Wednesday, 5/16/2001 8:29 AM MDT


Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru JI Ki Fateh
I am in a moral dillema.I am working for an Indian Software company and
am currently posted in UK.We are given allowance in Uk of about 1400 pounds.
Almost Everyone who comes to work in UK comes with an intention of saving money and taking it back to India.However our company has now made a new rule that though we are still entitled to 1400 pnds per month, but we would have to declare that we have spent all this money in UK itself by showing bills etc as this money is aliving allowance and not a salary.
Now in reality it is not possible to spend so much here and so people do collect bills from here and there to claim their allowance.
Is it proper for me as Guru's Sikh to do the same?..If I don't do this then I won't receive more than 500 pounds my real expenditure.

Please give me an early reply as I am very much troubled.

Mandeep Singh

Dear Mandeep Singh Ji,
Would it be possible for you to show your company a copy of your savings account deposit as an appropriate receipt? Have you tried checking with your Human Resources department to see whether this is indeed a valid expense against the 1400 pounds? I would expect that it is not unreasonable for employees to put aside a portion of their finances for savings for the future. A valid expenditure could also be made in the form of a retirement or pension plan. Before making any decisions you should at least check on it.
Good luck to you.
Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa, Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh!

[Previous Main Document]
Show Me The Way! (05/16/2001)
[Next Main Document]

by Topic | by Category | by Date | Home Page

History - Donation - Privacy - Help - Registration - Home - Search

Copyright 1995-2004 SikhNet