This question & answer forum was created to support the Sikh Youth in the many challenges and pressures that they face in this new "westernized" society. Its purpose is to help answer questions and let people share their experiences and hardships with others. This forum is totally anonymous so no names or e-mail addresses are ever displayed, unless one signs their name or email address in the body of a post. The forum is moderated so after posting a question or response it will only be shown publicly after the content of the post has been approved. The moderators are from a broad background and from varying ages, so you are sure to get varied answers and viewpoints.
SOME TIPS on using the Youth Forum:
1. Search first! There are over 1,000 posts/replies in this Forum. Chances are very good your question has already been addressed. Use a keyword search on the Youth Forum (correct spelling required) or search according to category, such as hair, turban, Sikh practices, etc. Searching will either get you your answer FASTER or help you refine your question.
2. Be patient. The moderators of this forum all have jobs and families. We often cannot answer queries as fast as you might wish; a one-month delay is not unusual. If your query is somewhat academic in nature, it can take even longer, because moderators need to research the answer.
3. Browse Sikhnet. Sikhnet is a very comprehensive site with a refined search engine. Many queries can be answered by a search of the entire site. If you can't find your answer on Sikhnet, also search http://www.sikhseek.com.
4. Be polite. Moderators will not publish queries that are inflammatory or derogatory. If you are upset about something, you can convey that without being impolite.
5. Please include your email address for the moderator. Your email address is NOT published on the forum, but moderators sometimes need to contact you to get further information on a query. So, unless you do not have an email address (leave that part blank), please include a real email address.